Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gently used valentines

It’s my belief that you can’t really cut the frugal life if you don’t plan ahead, and so I figured I was gonna get skunked on valentine’s gifts for the kids this year because I hadn’t really given it any thought until yesterday afternoon. Basically any themed present bought the day before a holiday is going to be at peak price. As I was gloomily pondering this conundrum, I suddenly thought of a gift Grandma Linda often gives -- red or pink shirts. Of course, hers usually come from The Children’s Place or Dick’s Sporting Goods or some other high-profile store. I decided to go see what I could find at Goodwill.

Sure enough, I found something for everybody, including a really nice pink-and-gray Columbia winter coat with a removable liner for whichever of the girls most needs it or it fits best. Total cost, for winter coat plus eight shirts (I bought two or three extra ones): $21. Now I need to go throw them in the washer so they‘re all comfy and ready to wear.

Happy Valentine’s Day, everybody!

No comments: