Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Weight Watchers cost-analysis update

After dropping 12 pounds in my first three weeks, I was down only .4 of a pound at last night’s weigh-in. (That’s what I get for having a second slice of pizza Sunday night at Grandma Linda’s). So I’m at just under $50 paid in, and still less than 13 pounds taken off. If it were just me, this might be the point where I say, see ya later, folks, I’m doing this on my own. (Though I could still make the argument that losing 12 pounds feels pretty good, maybe even $50 worth of good.)

The thing is, though, I agreed to do this with my mom, to help support her, and while this was my stalling-out week, it was her breakthrough week. After three weeks of negligible weight loss, she finally lost four pounds in a single week. And she’s so excited she’s planning to find a Weight Watchers meeting to go to while she’s in Florida the next couple of weeks.

She really wants me to keep doing this with her, and I guess I will. For now.

No comments: