Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Do-it-yourself dishwasher soap

We tried a homemade dishwasher detergent yesterday, and it worked just as good, in this one test, as what we normally use. Haven’t yet calculated the cost, but since I was able to make it with materials we already had on hand, it was worth it if for no other reason than it saved me a trip to the store. It was easy to make, and easy to use.

The recipe, which I got off a website called thriftyfun.com*:

Mix 2 cups Borax with 1 cup baking soda, and store in a container. I filled both compartments with this mixture, then filled the “rinse aid” portal with white vinegar, as instructed.

*Recipe was posted by user Nelliemary from West Virginia, who cited Mary Janes Farm magazine as her source. Here's where I saw it, and here's where you can check out the magazine.

No comments: