Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A “No New Clothes” setback

No, I didn’t slip up and buy something new. But yesterday while editing the police briefs at work, I discovered that a manager of one of the Fort Wayne Salvation Army stores is facing theft charges for pocketing a couple of deposits he was supposed to take to the bank.

This bums me out, because when clothes at the Salvation Army or Goodwill are priced higher than my garage-sale calibrated target prices, I compensate with money from our charity fund, effectively converting part of the “purchase” into a “donation.”

So now I’m wondering: Did part of our charity money go to this thief? The police brief named the guy, but didn’t say which store he managed. At any rate, I’m not abandoning the project, though it is a blow to my morale.

No comments: