Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

"No new clothes" update

You know, the silly thing about me taking a "no new clothes" vow is that I hardly ever shop for clothes anyway. But now that I'm making this an official commitment, I was thinking that I ought to make checking in at Goodwill and Salvation Army part of my routine. Because if you really need something, it's not like you can bank on finding it at a thrift shop on any given day.

I've been low on shirts lately, and was thinking I could use a scarf to get more use out of the shirts I do have. So the other day when I dropped off a bag of clothes at Salvation Army, I went on inside and found one of both for a total of $2.14.

Maybe one side effect of this project is that, after years of neglect, I'll do a better job maintaining a fully functional wardrobe.

No comments: