Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Scarf power

This is probably a case where I would be better off keeping this information to myself, like when someone compliments me on something I’m wearing and I blurt out, “Thanks, I got this at a garage sale for 50 cents!” But this week I blundered into such a useful wardrobe-extending strategy that I can’t help passing it along.

I have this very comfy, brightly colored shirt I really, really like but wasn’t wearing much anymore because I felt like it was a bit too faded and worn. And then I realized a scarf that I usually wear with a different outfit matches this shirt perfectly -- and brings out the pleasing nature of the shirt without it having to play a starring role any more.

This is huge, in terms of frugal wardrobe science. (Though I’m sure I’m not the first to make this discovery.) I had been thinking I needed to buy some shirts. Now I think maybe I just need another scarf or two.

No comments: